Crop Plant Biodiversity and Breeding Informatics Group (350b)
Institute of Plant Breeding, Seed Science and Population Genetics
University of Hohenheim
Fruwirthstrasse 21, Room 0.25
Phone: +49-711-459 24437
Phenotypic and genomic population divergence along gradients of environmental factors is at the heart of plant population biology and the main focus of my research. Especially, I strive to understand the mechanisms leading to locally adapted populations, taking both phenotypic and genomic approaches. Especially, I am interested in the contribution of complex life-history-traits, such as bet-hedging and parental or grandparental environmental effects.
For my investigations I combine tools from vegetation ecology (manipulative experiments, common gardens, transplanting) and tools from population genetics (available SNPs, next generation sequencing, methylome sequencing).
Articles in preparation
- Groot MP, Kubisch A, Ouborg NJ, Pagel J, Schmid KJ, Vergeer P, Lampei C (2017) Transgenerational effects of mild heat in Arabidopsis thaliana show strong genotype specificity that is explained by climate at origin. In preparation, submitted.
- Günther T*, Lampei C* , Barilar I, Schmid KJ (2015). Phenotypic and genomic differentiation of Arabidopsis thaliana along altitudinal gradients in the North Italian alps. bioRxiv
Peer reviewed articles
Günther T*, Lampei C* , Barilar I, Schmid KJ (2016). Genomic and phenotypic differentiation of Arabidopsis thaliana along altitudinal gradients in the North Italian Alps. Molecular Ecology, 25:3574–3592.doi:10.1111/mec.13705
Yousef AA*, Lampei C* and Schmid KJ (2015). Evaluation of cauliflower genebank accessions under organic and conventional cultivation in Southern Germany. Euphytica, 210:389-400. doi:10.1007/s10681-014-1225-y
Günther T*, Lampei C* and Schmid KJ (2012) Mutational bias and gene conversion affect the intraspecific nitrogen stoichiometry of the Arabidopsis thaliana transcriptome. Mol. Biol. Evol., 30:561-568. doi: 10.1093/molbev/mss249
Tielbörger K, Petrů M & Lampei C (2012). Bet-hedging germination in annual plants: a sound empirical test of the theoretical foundations. Oikos, 121:1860-1868. DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0706.2011.20236.x
Lampei C & Tielborger K (2010). Evolvability of between-year seed dormancy in populations along an aridity gradient. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 100:924-934. DOI: 10.1111/j.1095-8312.2010.01453.x
*= equal contribution
I am teaching in several master courses at the institute 350b of University Hohenheim since 2013.
- Methods of Scientific working
- Population and quantitative genetics
- Plant genetic resources
Courses developed by me
- Introduction to the statistical programming language R
Guest lectures in courses of other institutes
- "Alpine Vegetation" in the course Plant Ecology with Prof. Fangmeier